About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

We're Going on a Road Trip

This weekend we are heading out to see my family.  Tonight I am preparing for the trip - mentally and physically.  It's a 4 hour drive each way and most of that is on the boring interstate.  Plus, it's always at least 10 degrees colder there, so even though we are going to be there less than 48 hours, I have to pack a ton of stuff.  Snowmobiling clothes for B, shopping and visiting clothes for me!  My dad's house is usually about 80 degrees, so I need short sleeves for inside and sweaters and warm clothes for everywhere else.

The last time we visited was at Christmas, so we have missed 2 birthdays and there is one coming up that we will celebrate.  Those gifts are in the entryway, ready to head out.  We are taking a tote full of stuff we borrowed from my sister 7 years ago, back to her and out of our hoarder room.  I'm not even sure what else I need to pack - at least 2 pair of boots (brown and black, of course), scarves and gloves.  It gets to the point where I just put everything I own in the back of our vehicle and take it.  B rolls his eyes and packs everything he needs in a Walmart bag. 

It is easier to pack in the warmer part of the year - but if you asked B, he'd tell you that I still take way too much even then!


No comments:

Post a Comment