About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Monday, August 4, 2014

My Night in the Airport

Last night we tried to fly home from Virginia Beach.  We had spent a long weekend with my BFF from high school and her husband and family.  Her oldest son got married and we had a ton of fun.  Then we headed home.  All fun was left at the entrance to the airport!

Our flight out of Norfolk was delayed, meaning we would probably miss our connection in Baltimore to Portland.  But we remained hopeful.  We shouldn't have.  We finally got on the plane in Norfolk, an hour and a half late, and then sat on the tarmac for 10 minutes due to weather at our destination.

When we finally landed in Baltimore, we had missed our plane to Portland by 10 minutes (it was delayed due to mechanical).  I had a very unhappy husband.  Very.  We ended up staying at the airport overnight.  He slept.  I kept one eye open and watched the crazy cleaning people race their vacuums and enjoy each other's company. 

This morning we thought we were golden, an 8:45 flight home.  Then they changed our gate 4 times and when we finally were getting loaded onto the plane, our boarding passes didn't work, so we had to get out of line and go get new ones!! 

When we finally got home, I showered and worked a half day.  I have had about 90 minutes of sleep in the past 36 hours.  I'm ready for bed that's for sure!

I've learned I'd rather not spend the night in the airport...ever again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment