About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

One More Up

We are staying home this weekend, no 4 hour trip to my parents. While I am glad to be here at our home with our extended family here, a huge piece of my heart is still there with my mom and dad. Mom has had a rough week and I worry about my dad. The time that we spend with them is tiring, difficult and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Since mom started this latest journey with ovarian cancer - B and I have had the motto "no regrets". We want to spend as much time with her and dad as we can and we have done that over this past year the best that we can. I am married to a wonderful man and he has been so supportive during this time.

So B has been working 4 day weeks for the past month or so, with Friday, Saturday and Sundays off. Most mornings when he gets up (at the horrifying hour of 4:30ish a.m.) he will tell me how many more "ups" he has for the week. Well this morning was his final day this week of work...so he has NO MORE UPS this week...but I do! So, I got to say one more up this morning. And I'm not so sure that I didn't hear him snicker as he went downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment