About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Toilets and Curtains

Well, you know you are married when you go shopping for curtains and toilet parts and it doesn't seem strange. Our upstairs toilet had a major malfunction and required all new "innards". B is on the day shift and headed to the big city last night after work. Got all the parts he supposedly needed, got home and went to work. I'm confused - am I suppose to clean the inside of the tank of the toilet? This is not something I was taught by my mom...but man, I've got to tell you it is a disgusting place! Anyway, after a very late Subway dinner, I went up to help and at 11:00 p.m. when we realized that the handle had nothing to connect to and that we basically were not going to be able to go any further, we quit.

B went back to work today. I cleaned, then decided to go get the other curtain I wanted for our redone living room. Then I headed to our local Lowes and met up with a super duper staff person who really knew HER stuff! I now have the chain we needed , plus the correct parts that the guy from the night before didn't sell my husband.

So...I've put up the curtains (they look fab) and tonight, hopefully we'll finish the toilet repair. It's been a full weekend already!

No comments:

Post a Comment