About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankgiving Eve & Mom

So tomorrow is the big day.  I've already been on butterball.com to check out how long to cook the turkey that is still probably half frozen.  I think I'm going to miss my Mom more than usual tomorrow.  Especially when it comes to knowing how much seasoning and bread to put in the dressing.  How much water to put on the turkey.  How long do I cook the turnip and squash for Dad.  And most of all, not seeing her beautiful face at the table.  It will be 9 months tomorrow that Mom went to her heavenly home.  Sometimes it seems like much longer, some days it seems like it was just yesterday. 

And even though I miss Mom, I know that she is in a much better place.   I'm thankful that I had her for 47 years. And I'm thankful for my husband, family and friends.   What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment