About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The things kids say

We have had the blessing of having our 6 (almost 7 he reminded us) year old nephew at our house every day after school this week.  We love this kiddo with every fiber of our being.  He is handsome and smart and tells it like it is.  We have had discussions on all sorts of topics from why do we say the blessing before we eat to when can he have a sleep over.

He has had many pearls of wisdom for us this week.  He asked me Monday if I knew that B was 50.  I pretended to be surprised and asked him if he thought he looked good for his age.  He replied, "oh yes, he looks really young!" 

I made chop suey for supper one night - after he told me that he loves chop suey.  Unfortunately, mine was not quite as good as his step-mom's.  It was good...just not great like hers!  He ate a little bit, and then went home and ate another supper.

Tonight we were playing the Wii and he told me that I should play because I needed exercise.  I could stand to lose a little weight.  I said "what!" and he told me that I looked good, but could lose a little around my tummy.  So of course I played the Wii!   My personal trainer is 6 years old!

We have him with us one more night this week and I cannot wait to hear his latest thoughts.  Our house is going to be mighty quiet after tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment