About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's only a matter of time

B has a cold.  Not the stuffy head, blow your nose a million times kind of cold.  Oh no, he's got the deep in the chest, cough til your lungs explode and drive your wife crazy kind of cold.  I noticed his deeper, and somewhat sexier voice last night.  He said he was feeling fine, I knew he wasn't.  By 8 p.m. it was apparent that if I was going to get any sleep, Nyquil would need to be taken.  (By him, although I thought about it!)  So, he took his medication like a good boy and slept like a baby.  Of course that meant that the germs were being thrown into the air with each snore and I'm pretty sure the majority of them landed on me.

This morning my throat felt a little sore.  But I don't have a cold.  I blamed it on not sleeping well.  I swigged my diet coke all day and forgot about my throat.  We bought cough drops tonight, because I can't stand the hacking.  He isn't using them.  And even when he does use them, he chews them quickly (crunch, crunch) and that's almost as bad as the hacking.  I think a double dose of Nyquil is in the works for this evening.

I don't want this cold. I have tried to avoid him, but it's hard when you are husband and wife to avoid the germs being spread everywhere. 

So, I know it's only a matter of time before I'm hacking up a lung.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment