About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Hiking, me?

B is recovering from knee surgery and I need to move, so we have decided to do some hiking this spring.  There is a great little state park about 10 minutes from our house and we decided to see what it had to offer.  Fun, history, sweat, crampy feet, hills, mud, 60 minutes of uninterrupted time...those are all things it has had to offer us so far. 

I have a new pair of hiking shoes, supposedly the most fabulous, and decided to try them out tonight.  Probably not so smart to wear new shoes on a 60 minutes hike.  My right foot was not happy.  But, I limped through it and we burned some seriously calories and I'm ready to try it again this weekend. 

It's more challenging then the treadmill and more tranquil then the local high school track.  I am a little weirded out by ticks and have been itchy since we got home (no ticks though).  But so far that seems to be the only downside. 

I'm anxious to see if we can keep this up and keep pushing each other to do more and hike further.  This may just be the exercise push that I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment