About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The September Post

It's September, so that means a few different things to me.  It's my birthday month, harvest is starting, and I have been a slacker about posting on here.

We celebrated my birthday last night with my family.  It was a wonderful time around the table, getting caught up on what everyone has been doing and enjoying my sister and sister-in-law's wonderful cooking.

I was able to get out to the field and take some pictures of the harvest and spent some time with the kids working at the potato harvest and enjoy some home made donuts during their break.  So many of my best memories growing up are from this time of year - when we all worked together out in the field. All kinds of inside jokes that are really only funny with my sister, brother and I.  Good times - no, Great Times.

My nephew was home from college this weekend, and B and I brought him back to school today.  What a wonderful treat, to spend 2 hours in a vehicle with him.  Getting to hear about his first few weeks away from home, his hopes and dreams for the future, what he is learning.  What can I say, but that I just love that kid.

B helped my brother-in-law do some roofing work before the winter sets in.  Hard work, but a job that needed to be done, so we were happy to be able to help out.

Oh, and Dad won most of the cribbage games.  Memories were made this weekend, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment