About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bread & Burn

Today, on one of the hottest, most humid days of summer so far, I decided I was going to make bread. Mom's recipe - I'd never attempted to make it without her in the room with me. I only had to call her once...and well, talk to her while I did most of the mixing, but still I was in my own home, with my own ingredients! And guess what...I can make bread! Still not as beautiful as what Mom makes..but it's bread and people are eating it. I may have to do this again. I will probably wait til the temps dip below 80 next time though.

B was working today. If he's got to work weekends, at least the day shift has him home by 6 p.m. and we can have supper together. After the bread baked off, I went to B's cousin's house to lounge in and around their pool. And that is where I burnt to a crisp. Darn SPF30 Sunscreen, should have used SPF130!

I'm going to go crank up the air conditioner and spray on some aloe vera and pretend that I've learned my lesson about the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment