About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Weekend to Remember

We stuffed as much as we could into this past weekend. I took Friday off, and picked B. up at 5:55 a.m. (after he had worked all night) and we made the 4 hour drive to my parents. My Dad's 50th class reunion was this weekend and his classmates and their significant others were coming to tour his farm and check out the changes in potato farming over the past 50 years. My parents were so proud to have all of their family there - it was worth getting up at 4:45 a.m. and I'd do it again in a heart beat. I spent time with my 8 year old spitfire niece. We played cards, picked raspberries and ate grilled cheese sandwiches. We visited my 92 year old grandfather at the local nursing home - he might not remember our names...but he knows our faces and that's enough. We had homemade french fries and bbq'd steak with my parents. My oldest niece (and her boyfriend) and my oldest nephew came over at 9 p.m. to play cards with us and teach my dad a new game. We went to church and watched our niece sing (the spitfire again!), we visited with my sister and her family, we went for a ride in my Dad's new Case IH Scout ATV, and we just watched and marveled as my mom emerges from the pit that chemo had her trapped in. I texted with my sisters-in-law on the way home and made plans for this week. B & I are so fortunate to have such wonderful families and I hope to never take that for granted. It was one of the best weekends I've had in many months.

No comments:

Post a Comment