About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Camping - part 1

I want to know why it always rains when we go camping. We tent. Tents don't like water. We camped for 5 nights this past week...4 nights were gorgeous, cool, non-humid evenings - meant for tenting. And on the 5th night, the heaven's opened up and the rain came down, and down, and then down some more. I spent the night dodging thunder, turning on the light to see where the rain might be coming in, moving everything to the middle of the tent, turning the light back on again to see more water, getting towels out of the laundry and trying to mop up the puddles, sleeping for a couple of hours, pushing my pillow up against the tent while I was sleeping, waking up and realizing that my pillow was now wet, turning the light back on again to see how much more water is in our tent...and so on! Then...the wind came up, the tarp blew off the top of our tent, so B and I went out and put it back on. Went back to bed, woke up to the sounds of rain dripping on the tarp/tent and 2 huge gray squirrels outside on the picnic table opening up the gladware that held brownies and treating themselves to a little sugar rush!

So...I'm glad to be home with my honey! Let it rain, let the wind blow and may the gray squirrels find some sort of dessert on the front lawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment