About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The First Day of School

I work in the Central Office at our local school district in a year-round position. For all of you that think working in the schools must be great cuz you have all that time off - it's not since I don't get my summers or school breaks off.

Tomorrow is the opening day of our school year. All of the staff are expected to be there (no students til next week!) and they do a breakfast and a mandatory meeting. For us in the Central Office, it's the "First Day of School!" And just like back when I was actually attending school, it's mandatory to have something NEW to wear! After work today, I drove myself to the local shopping center and spent an hour trying on things that didn't fit, were a horrid color, or just weren't going to cut it. Finally, I found an outfit, and then I found another shirt I couldn't live with out. Then I went to the shoes and found a great pair of sandals on clearance. Suddenly I had a new wardrobe (sort of!)

I love the First Day of School!

No comments:

Post a Comment