About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Walking with the Hubby

Today we had a good bye luncheon for one of my co-workers.  I love pot luck luncheons, it's like a license to eat til your belly hurts.  Where else do you put chips and dip, next to lasagna, next to carrot cake.  Yum!  This has been a week of over eating and so tonight B and I went for a walk on the track at our local high school.  Now B has already played an hour of basketball today, and is in better shape then I will ever hope to be, so walking with him is always an adventure. 

We started out at a pretty good clip, side by side, talking and enjoying the time together.  About 3 laps in, my pace was slowing just a bit and Brent had moved over a couple of lanes so he could speed walk to my slow trot.  Middle of lap 5 he called his brother and chatted, while I huffed and puffed and tried not to fall down.  He continued to chat with his brother through lap 6 and 7.  I, on the other hand, made a slicing motion across my throat as we neared the track opening by our vehicle at the end of lap 7.  He made a motion (while still chit chatting easily) to do another lap and I threw him that ice cold "are you kidding me?" look and headed to the car. 

He wasn't winded.  I needed a tall glass of water.  He could have run 4 or 5 more laps.  I wanted to lay on the grass and take a nap.

I love the man...he is my great motivator to become a healthier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment