About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Story of Us

A little over 10 years ago, I met a guy online.  He lived about 4 hours away and we chatted online and on the phone and after a month we decided to meet in person.  So I brought my sister and her husband and her baby daughter and we met him at a restaurant and had our first date.  We all liked him!  So we dated for a bit, but then broke up.  We dated other people, and then about 8 months later we started talking again.  Then I was diagnosed with uteran cancer.  And he was wonderful friend through it all, sending flowers, visiting and keeping me sane. 

As the months went by, we dated, we fell in love, he bought a ring and kept it a secret.  Two years after we first met online, I opened the oven at this house to find a giant cookie with "Will You Marry Me" written in icing and a ring box in the middle.  We planned a wedding that would include all of our family and friends and 8 years ago today we met at the altar and said "I do".   It was just the beginning of a wonderful, crazy journey. 

He makes me laugh, wipes my tears, and keeps me on my toes.  He loves me and our families and he has stood by my side through thick and thin.  The future is wide open and I can't wait to see where it takes us next.

The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment