About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I'm tired

I'm tired and I know why, but it makes me feel old to think about it.  This past weekend my beloved sister and her family came for a visit.  They arrived late Friday night (like 11:15 p.m. kinda late), because my niece had a soccer game.  I stayed up for their arrival and we all hung out til after midnight.  The next morning, we were all up and at it by 8:30.  They left for an overnight stay on the coast of Maine to celebrate their 17th wedding anniversary and B was working days this weekend, so it was me and the kiddos. 

We shopped, ate out, came home and rested for an hour or so.  B came home, showered and off we went again to go big ball bowling.  When we got home, B went to bed (early morning work call!) and the kids and I hung out...to late!  We were back up by 8 a.m. on Sunday.  Hung out some more, played monopoly, went mini golfing and then my sister and her husband and B all came home. 

They decided to spend another night and leave at 6 a.m. on Monday to head home.  So of course we stayed up and talked and watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics and talked some more. 

Then it was back to work for me yesterday and today.  And now I'm tired.  B did laundry for me today, washed dishes, cleaned out the dish washer and I'm not even sure what else.  Then he went to work tonight.  He is a wonderful partner and I can't thank him enough.

So, I've learned that I get tired when I stay up too late and get up too early all weekend.  My stamina just isn't what it used to be - those kids wore me out, ha ha!

And I wouldn't have changed one second of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment