About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Friday, September 28, 2012

49

Today I turned 49.  Not 50...that's 364 days away.  I'm 49.  One year left of my 40's.  This has been a full decade.  I got engaged, married, a passport, went to Jamaica, got a new sister-in-law, foster parented 3 sweet children, visited Disney at least 6 times.  Those are some of the highlights.

My 40's have had some low times - I lost my mom to ovarian cancer, we were not able to adopt any of those sweet foster babies. 

My handsome husband was such a sweetheart today.  He brought me 6 long stemmed roses to work.  Then sent me a text a couple of hours later...he dropped by with 6 more long stemmed roses and left them for me in another part of my work area for me to discover.  Heavens, he gets all romantic on me like that and makes me fall in love all over again with him!  Tonight he took me to the movies (I get in free on my birthday, ha ha) and then we went out to dinner.  It has been a wonderful day.

I'm going to enjoy this last year of my 40's.  Going to try to make it the best year yet.  It's started out great, so I'm hoping to keep that momentum going.

No comments:

Post a Comment