About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Virginia Vacation

Well, we spent a long weekend with my BFF from high school.  Yes, it is possible to keep a friendship going for decades, and we are living proof.  B and I flew to Virginia Beach after work last Thursday and spent till Tuesday with D & D.  We had such a wonderful time.   We packed as much as we could into 4 days, plus we talked and talked and talked some more.

B and I have decided that we'd like to do more trips like this.  Take off for 4 or 5 days, explore an area and enjoy each other.  He is a great travel companion...if I'm relaxed and going with the flow, he is nervous and uptight and vice versa!  This was my first "carry-on" only trip.  We didn't check any bags - everything I needed had to fit in a suitcase that I could carry on the plane.  I'm an over-packer.  Always want to be prepared for whatever might happen.  Hate to wear anything more than once on a trip.  Well...it took me a week to pack.  And every day I would go through my suitcase and edit a little more.  I'm proud to say that I only didn't wear one pair of shorts and neither bathing suit (too cold to swim).  Everything else got worn, woo hoo!  And I wore my jeans 3 different times during the trip.  This is huge for me.  B was pretty proud of me...I think deep down he didn't think I'd be able to do this.

Also on this trip we decided to leave the ideas of what to do up to D & D - we were in their territory.  This is totally unlike me - I usually need to know what I'm doing every second of the day.  And guess what...it was fun!   We visited the Outerbanks in NC and rode on a 4x4 over the sand to find the wild horses of Corolla, we went up 104 steps to the top of a lighthouse at Fort Henry.  We dug our toes in the sand and we went on a sailboat and I didn't get seasick!  I think more going with the flow will be in my future for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment