About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Where is Spring?

Last week, on the first day of Spring, we shoveled snow.  Over a month ago, a great friend of mine and I planned a shopping trip to a local outlet mall.  It should have been in the 40's/50's because it normally is this time of year.  It wasn't.  Oh no, we had low 30's and snow and we went anyway, because this is the winter that isn't going to quit.  And I know it's not going to quit, because we are expecting...you guessed it...more snow this week! 

I'm trying everything I know to get myself in a Spring frame of mind.  I've put away every snowman or winter type of decoration.  I wore a mint green sweater today and tried to look springy.  I made my desktop background on my work computer a lovely photo of a warm tropical place.  I'm going to go eat an ice cream in a minute.

I don't think any one of these things is going to make a difference - in the weather  or my state of mind!  So old man winter, keep giving me what you got.  I can take it.  It will just make me appreciate those 2 weeks of summer we'll have in mid-July!

No comments:

Post a Comment