About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Out of Calories

I have never been a skinny minnie, but about a year ago, I was down to my lowest weight in a long time.  I'd lost 22 pounds and was feeling pretty good about myself.  I wish I could say that I maintained that weight or even lost a little more these last 12 months...but I can't.    I have managed to put 10 of those pounds back on.  It's been a slow and steady climb and I'm not very happy with myself.  I cannot seem to get into an exercise routine, but I have stayed consistent with  my online calorie counter - myfitnesspal.com.  I have input what I've eaten every day plus the little exercise I've done.  I can honestly say I know why the weight has come on, and I wonder how much I would have gained if I hadn't been tracking it.

Myfitnesspal allows me so many calories in a day, and as of right now, I have a little over a 100 left to eat for today.  It's going to be slim pickings for supper!  If I'd go get on the treadmill I could earn a few calories.  And I've been making every kind of excuse of why I don't want to exercise.  It's Friday, I'm tired, I don't want to get sweaty, and so on. 

Truth is, I want to lose these 10 pounds before summer and the only way I'm going to do it is stick to my calories and get my butt moving.  I'm just not sure if I want this truth to start tonight, or if I want to wait til Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment