About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Best Visits

I think the best visits are the unexpected ones.  B is in Florida visiting with his mom and watching as much spring training baseball as he can possible get in while he is there.  More power to him!  I don't have the vacation time to take the trip and quite honestly, it's been his thing to do with his mom for the past couple of years and I love the good times they are having and the memories they are making. 

My unexpected visit came in the form of my dad and nephew traveling down to spend the weekend with me.  I had hinted at the beginning of the week that there was a trade show that might interest my dad this weekend in our area.  And he never mentioned it again - until Thursday night.  Dad was watching my sister's 10 year old son this weekend and wasn't sure if my nephew would want to make the trip, so he'd let me know.

Well, my nephew was up for the trip, Dad pulled him from school early on Friday and they were here in time for supper on Friday night.  We had a great time of playing cribbage, eating, visiting the trade show, eating some more, playing phase 10 dice and just enjoying each others company.

I love my family and the times we have together.  Their unexpected visit certainly made my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment