About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Monday, October 7, 2013

What I discovered this weekend

I am back to work after a wonderful weekend with my forever friends.  They surprised me with a little birthday party - cuz I'm a half century now and they thought they should mark that occasion, I guess.  We wore party hats and they gave me depends....fun was had by all!

Anyway, during this weekend I learned a few things:

  1. Each of us nodded off at least once while we were sitting up talking - some at the dining room table.  I'm thinking it's because we are so tired and nothing to do with our age.
  2. If you don't turn your furnace on in October, your house is cold.  I don't think I need to say much more about this one.  We are trying to just use our little electric fire place until it gets "really" cold.  We just wrap up in a blanket....all of us did this weekend.
  3. I don't sleep as much as my friends.  They all were in bed by at least 11 and up by 6:30 a.m. or earlier.  I, on the other hand, didn't fall asleep until after 1 a.m. either night and was up at 7:30.  I need to figure out how to get more sleep, or how to make myself fall asleep earlier.  
  4. We all go through the same things - two of my friends are going through health issues with their moms.  I've been there.  
  5. I'm getting forgetful.  This weekend alone, I forgot my phone in the car and had to go back to get it.  I lost my debit card in Old Navy - and thankfully it was right where I dropped it when I went back an hour later.  
  6. And finally, two days is not long enough to catch up with friends you haven't seen in over 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment