About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The best laid plans

This past Sunday was suppose to be a quiet, uneventful day.  A day where the two of us could rest, hang out, visit B's mom and enjoy each others company.

That didn't happen.  We did sleep in (oops we missed church!)  My dad was flying to Florida for a couple of weeks.  He texted that he was on the plane, life was good. 

Then I got a text that Dad was back on the ground.  Um, he'd only been gone about 30 minutes - not enough time to get very far.  It seems that his plane lost an engine on take off and they had to circle back to the airport where they were greeted by fire engines and ambulances!  Okay.  He was fine, no one panicked and they were going to get another plane to take everyone to Florida.  That didn't happen.  He now needed a hotel room, before the other 149 people on the plane got one.  So I got him a room, then he needed his car reservation and hotel in Florida changed.  So I did that and he was all set.  I think I should have been a travel agent in another life.

While this was all going on, I sent B to visit his mom.  In between my travel agent duties, I went down to our basement to grab a load of laundry out of the dryer.  I was a bit surprised when I opened the door to find ink all over the inside of the dryer.  I said a few choice words and tried to remember how much I adore my husband who loves to carry a pen in his pocket.  I spent 30 minutes trying to get it cleaned up.  The bad news - 3 shirts and 1 pair of jeans (all his) got ruined. 

When B got back from his mom's, I tried not to be too over the top crazy about what I'd discovered.  I knew he'd feel bad enough.  And he did. 

After all that fun, I didn't feel like cooking and we needed some groceries - so we shopped and grabbed a a pizza and tried to decompress from our "quiet, uneventful" day. 

The rest of the story is that Dad made it to Florida yesterday safely and  was enjoying the 85 degree weather the last time I talked to him and after my cleaning job nothing else got ink on it in the dryer. 

I will be careful to wish for a quiet, uneventful Sunday again, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment