About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Why do I watch Criminal Minds?

I ask myself this question every time Wednesday rolls around and a new episode airs.  And I have no answer.  I love this show, I love how it makes my stomach feel queasy and uneasy, I love the interaction amongst the actors.  I don't love how it makes me check that my door is locked about 7 times every night.  I have seen every episode, some of them multiple (and I mean many multiples) times.  If I see it on my TV guide, I stop and watch, and ask myself again why am I watching! 

Unfortunately I've noticed that the premise of the show makes me uneasy, makes me less trustful of strangers walking down my road or in a parking lot at the local store.  I'm not sure that is a good thing, but I know that in this day and age, it is what it is.

Plus...B often works nights, so sometimes (like tonight) I'm watching it by myself.   Thankfully, one of the administrators in the school district I work on is a Facebook friend and we chat back and forth each Wednesday night about how scared and creeped out we are.  Basically, I love that she keeps me company when I'm scared to death!

2 comments:

  1. I was an avid fan like you but I had to stop watching it both Billy and I,it was just to morbid for us.It has been a year since we have watched. Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is morbid and gross sometimes, but it just sucks me in every time! I don't know if I could go cold turkey on it or not :o)

      Delete