About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bye Bye Snow!

I think the snow is finally going.  I can see brown grass, my faded out Santa garden flag is visible again and needs to be removed promptly!  Don't get me wrong, the pile of snow at the bottom of our driveway is still as tall as the car, but it used to be as tall as our SUV, so there has been progress!

The melting snow is revealing the ugly truth of what happened this winter during the ice storm.  We have a ton of branches on the ground and two trees that are going to be chopped up and hauled away hopefully soon.  It's going to be a lot of work to get it all cleaned up, but I'm ready to take it on.   Of course we have to wait for the ground to harden up just a little bit.  I would probably sink to my ankles if I stepped out on the lawn.

One of the other casualties of the winter is our mailbox.  It took a big hit from the plow and has bravely done it's duty for the last few months.  The door closes, if you put a little muscle into it.  But we have come home to very soggy mail a couple of times.  I guess we have a weak mail person!

We put away our winter boots and snowshoes and jackets last night.  I'm ready for hiking and walks and maybe even a little bit of biking this spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment