About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

My hair

Today my hair had it's 6 week check up...well, that's what it feels like.  I have been cursed (or blessed) with the gray hair gene.  I've been fighting this battle for about 10 years.  My dad was completely gray in his 20's, as was his mother.  So I guess I come by it honestly.  I have colored and highlighted and permed and gone straight.  I have dyed at home and but prefer going to the salon.  I used to be go 2 to 3 months between visits.  I now go every 6 weeks.  Those 6 weeks fly by - trust me, and I have the roots to prove it.

During the summer I like the lighter, highlighted look.  Makes me feel tropical and sun-kissed, at least that's what I tell myself. 

Today I went with an overall mocha color.  It looks rich and warm and I'm loving it.  B is working nights this weekend, and when I got home from the salon, he woke up for a few minutes.  He mumbled "nice hair".  I asked him what he thought I'd had done to it.  (The last time I had gone dark back in April he never noticed!)  He mumbled, "straight and dark."  The boy is learning!

My sweet little stylist, who is barely 21 is awesome.  She makes my hair pretty, and loves making my next 6 week appointment :o)  My roots will be looking forward to our next visit in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment