About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Pain of Zumba

I finally went back to Zumba on Tuesday night.  My friend from work and I stopped going at the end of June - July was busy, then it wasn't offered during August.  It started again in September, but the first week my friend couldn't go..so I blew it off.  And the 2nd week I was in Virginia and she didn't go.  So, this was the week that we forced each other to go. 

It became abundantly clear after the first song, that taking 3 months off from Zumba was not a good thing.  I am seriously out of shape.  Not that I think I was in that great of shape back in June, but at least I could keep up and do most of  the moves.  My tank top was soaked.  Sweat was dripping off my nose.  I grunted and groaned and laughed, because, really, the two of us looked pretty bad. 

After 60 minutes of torture, we headed to the car and made a pact to never go that long again without doing some sort of aerobic activity.  Yesterday, my legs were sore and I felt tired.  Hey...that wasn't too bad.  Today, new aches and pains.  My arms are killing me.  Zumba says it's a "dance" form of exercise so who would think your arms would hurt.  Our instructor likes to work the arms, and oh my word, am I ever feeling it today.  I ended up taking some ibuprofen earlier today, and I'm going to pop another couple before heading to bed. 

I'm worried about what is going to hurt tomorrow.  My back, knees, elbow, maybe my ear lobes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment