About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Monday, October 1, 2012

My oven was smoking...

Yes, my oven was smoking tonight while I cooked my lonely supper. (B is working nights, boo.)  I should have known better yesterday.  I made lasagna, and it was juicy when I popped it in the oven, but I didn't think of putting a cookie sheet underneath it.  I just let it cook for 35 minutes at 350 degrees and then when I opened up the oven door...SURPRISE!  Red goop on the bottom of the oven. 

I know, I should have cleaned it up last night, but I was  having a lazy day and forgot.  Tonight I decided to cook some fries, so I preheated and then the smoke started rolling.  On went the fan and the kitchen window was opened.  It helped, thank goodness.  No smoke alarms, phew! 

I hate cleaning my oven.  I think I take after my mom in that way...she always said that the gunk on the bottom made her food cook better.  She had self-cleaning ovens, but would never use them.  I'm not sure if she was afraid of them, or what.  Whatever it was, she instilled that fear/avoidance in me, because I have never used the self cleaner in my oven.  I don't think I ever will...I think that gunk on the bottom made my fries taste better tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment