About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

This past week...

So let's play catch-up.  Last I had written, I was cleaning like a crazy lady for my company.  My 4 beautiful friends got here friday night and B's ears started ringing shortly after.  Imagine 5 ladies, all talking at once, at least 2 different conversations going on at all times.  Not saying this is a gender thing, but as a woman, I don't see anything wrong with that.  My poor hubby, after 9 years of these visits, has learned that it is best in small doses.  He volunteered to go get supper, ate with us and then disappeared to his man cave.  We each visited him off and on during the evening.  For some reason, when we invited him to go with us the next day he declined!

Can I just say that there is nothing better then getting together with wonderful friends.  I see these gals at most 2 or 3 times a year, but our conversations never lag, they just pick up where we left off.  I met these ladies at work a bazillion years ago, before I knew B.  They know more about me then I've forgotten!  Anyway, so Saturday we shopped, ate, shopped, and ate.  We wore ourselves out and some of us (not me!) fell asleep while we were talking late into the night.   Sunday they got apples and headed home and the house was so quiet.  I missed them immediately.



The good news, was that we had a family lunch with B's family. His mom is heading to Florida soon and we all got together to eat and visit.  So my quiet was short lived and I got to visit with my fabulous in-laws.

By Monday I had developed a rotten cold and spent Tuesday and yesterday on the couch.  Poor B is on his 7 days off and I interrupted his time with coughing and complaining.  He now realizes why he should have been a better nurse because last night his throat started hurting!

I worked half the day today then came home to rest.  I hate colds.  I hate coughing.  Good news is I've lost a few pounds.  I'm just afraid I will find them again when I feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment