About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

I could get used to this...

B has been on off this week, and today he decided he was going to make supper.  He wanted to try a crock pot recipe that we both love and so I made sure we had all the ingredients.  He was nervous, but he put it together, let it cook all day, put potatoes into bake and broccoli to steam...mostly by himself.   It was delicious!  And then, he told me to go do what I wanted and he cleaned up, did the dishes and started the dishwasher.  Yes...it's true!  What a wonderful way to end a pretty crappy work day.

I'm hoping this cooking trend will continue.  I don't know about you, but most days I hate trying to think of something for supper.  I do plan menus for the week...sometimes.  So, just the thought that he might want to take the lead and make supper once a week is like music to my ears. 

I am a micro-manager, and it's hard for me to just step back and let him do his thing.  I think this could become a learning experience for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment