About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Weekend getaway

B and I enjoyed a wonderful 4 day weekend away.  I had an eye doctor appointment during the day on Friday and we just continued on our adventure from there.  A side note, B had worked nights - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  I let him sleep for about an hour and a half Friday morning, then made him get up, get dressed and get in the vehicle and off we went.  He snoozed to the big city and then snored in the car during my appointment.  So he was just a peach for the first few hours after he really woke up.

We ended up in Portsmouth for the weekend at a decent hotel.  It had a pool and a hot tub, the only major requirements for B.  It was clean (well I did find a hair in the bed and we ended up getting upgraded to a better room...that had clean sheets), and a free breakfast - my requirements.  So everyone was happy.

Veterans Day weekend is a busy shopping weekend.  Not sure I really realized that til now.  We outlet shopped on Saturday - it was brutal.  I waited over a half hour to check out of the first store I was at.  Crazy, yes.  But I got some great deals, so it was worth it.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.

We ate out, and my handsome husband has become king of the "split a meal" lifestyle.  It worked out fine, we ate cheap, had good food and enjoyed each other's company.

Oh, and every night we made a trip to the hot tub.  I'm not a huge fan of sitting in boiling hot water that is being stirred up around me.  B loves it though, so I took one for the team, and soaked each night.

Sunday, we went to Rye Beach and walked and dreamed about owning one of the beautiful houses.  We were bundled up and stayed warm.  We meandered back to our hotel, watched the Patriots (actually I napped during the game) and had pizza delivered to our room.  Yeah, it was that kinda weekend.

Yesterday we headed home, stopped in Freeport, cuz we just didn't shop enough during the weekend.  I love Freeport, strolling the streets, the smells of the hotdog vendors and watching all the out-of-staters with their bags of "great buys". 

All in all, it goes down as another wonderful memory with my favorite guy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment