About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Flowers and the Dump

We kept busy today, beautifying the outside of our home.  We finally planted flowers - in an old washtub a great friend gave me, in a new little garden we created, and on both sides of our deck.  We cleaned out from under our deck and hauled a bunch of stuff to the dump.  Who knew you could collect so much stuff under a deck?   After our first run to the dump, we decided to load up the vehicle again and throw out one of our old barbecue grills. 

It felt good to spend time here at home, making the outside look a little better.  We are trying so hard to get rid of those things that we've hung on to for no reason.  Barbecue grills, old bikes, plant pots we will never use again.   We manage to clutter up our lives with things and then hold onto those things when they are no longer useful to us.  No more of that!

I'm always reminded of my mom when I plant flowers.  She loved to garden and taught me so much about what types of flowers to plant and how to do it.  I always plant pansies because those were her favorite - their "pretty little faces"!

I've got to go out and water our pretty little gardens again tonight and that may be the downfall to our little Saturday project...this could take awhile!  


No comments:

Post a Comment