About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Milestones and Memories

Last week, B and I spent 4 days with my family.  My oldest niece, the first grandchild on my side, graduated from high school.  A major milestone for all of us in so many ways.  She did it!  She and I are now fellow alumni of the local high school.  She was the first grandchild to graduate and my Dad handled it like a pro.  Of course he missed mom, but he made this graduation his own - he had a great gift idea plus he gave her a lovely piece of mom's jewelry to mark the occasion.  She is the first baby I ever diapered and fed and burped and now she is all graduated.  I am beyond proud of her.

The day of her graduation, she and I made bread.  Sounds strange I'm sure, but mom taught the two of us together how to make it, and it felt right to spend the time together doing something mom loved.  Friday, June 7th will remain a sweet memory to me, if for nothing more, than standing at the counter in my parents home, kneading bread with my sweet niece and chatting about nothing and everything.

We had a wonderful graduation party for her yesterday - a day filled with laughter and family and wonderful friends. B and I aren't sure why the Lord blessed us so richly with such wonderful families, but we are very thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment