About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Christmas Marathon

Well, it's the day after our marathon Christmas and I'm tired.  Yesterday started at 6 am and ended at 10:30pm. We watched my brothers family open gifts, then my sisters family. Then we all headed to Dad's and had breakfast together for the first time ever.  I got all teary eyed watching everyone hang out.  My family changed their normal Christmas plans for B and I and it was very humbling.  We opened our gifts from dad and to each other.  It is so much fun to spend time with these people!

We headed south at 11:15am.  Four hours later we drove into my sister-in-law's driveway.  Lasagna, garlic bread, apple pie and presents waited for us there.  We lazed around and then took turns opening our gifts.  Love love love watching my nephews open their gifts!  B's family are just easy to be around.  There were aunts and uncles and cousins hanging out with us and it's always a great time.

We headed home around 8:30 and spent awhile unloading our car load of gifts and luggage.  Then we settled into the living room to enjoy our first Christmas spent in our home.  B is a wonderful gift giver and surprised me with some wonderful things.  After our gifts, we just collapsed on the couch and chatted about our day.

This Christmas we spent time with all of our family, we travelled from one end of our state to the other and we opened our gifts in our own home.  It was a beautiful, wonderful, different day.

1 comment: