About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

ThanksgivingChristmas

Do you feel like this year the holidays are just a little too close to each other?  We spent 4 days last week with my family celebrating Thanksgiving, eating too much, enjoying each others company.  I hadn't been to see them since the end of September.  I got to see my nephew play basketball and finally give one of my niece's her birthday gift.

And then my sister and I did a little cleaning at my dad's...and she dug out his Christmas tree.  What?  Can it be true that it is that time already?  And if I had any doubt what time of year it is, the Lord reminded me on Sunday when he sent the snow and sleet and horrible driving.  What should have been a 4 hour drive turned into a 5 1/2 hour drive.  We saw cars off the road and drove 40 mph for what felt like hours on an interstate built to drive 75. 

On the long drive home, I panicked inside.  Just 3 weekends before Christmas.  My house isn't decorated, no tree.  Thankfully we did some black Friday shopping and I am pretty much done picking up gifts for everyone - except B.  Last night I had plans with a friend, we shopped and had Mexican food.  What more could a girl ask for?  Maybe someone to do her Christmas card and wrap her gifts!!

Tonight B is working the night shift, so I'm decorating and hopefully addressing some envelopes and trying to un-panic myself!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment