About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Year's Resolution Update

I made a few New Year's resolutions and I'm happy to say, that a week into 2013, I'm on track.  Yes, for seven days I haven't failed.  Just 357 more days to go (or is it 358 - I'm not that great at math).  What are those New Year's resolutions?  I know I mentioned in an earlier post about how I wanted to be a new me in 2013.  And that's still the main goal - but I did set a couple of little side-goals, too.

  • Floss every day.  Do you have a dental hygienist that lectures you every time you go for a cleaning?  I do.  She's nice enough...just really all about the flossing.  I'm not a good flosser.  I -tart about 2 weeks before my cleaning appointment, and so I'm usually still in that gum's-are- still-bleeding stage and she knows exactly what I've done.  After I get my lecture, I'm usually good for another 2 weeks of flossing before I get out of the habit.  Well, I've decided that I'm going to shoot for 365 days of flossing in 2013.  Hopefully, the lectures will turn to praise and there won't be any blood on the floss at my next dental cleaning.
  • Exercise 3 times a week.  Yeah!  Week one down and I walked on the treadmill 3 times.  Tomorrow night is Zumba, then it will be back to the treadmill for the rest of the week.  It would be nice to make this exercise thing a priority and not fail at this resolution.   If I look at my track record - it's not great.  I get all jazzed up about getting healthy and then one bad week throws me off for the rest of the year.  Hoping that there aren't any bad weeks this year.
  • Eating healthier.  B and I have been eating healthier for almost 2 years, but the holidays really threw me off.  Him not so much, but he's a robot when it comes to eating healthy, exercising and counting calories.  It's the only explanation I can come up with, because he just doesn't seem to make many missteps.  I, on the other hand, get distracted easily from my fruits and veggies by bags of chips and Hershey kisses.  So far, in one week I've eaten about a bushel of healthy vegetables and fruits, and not so much of the bad stuff.  I'm counting it as a week one victory.
Hopefully as this year progresses, these 3 little things will add up to big changes for me.  I've just got to allow myself to make mistakes and not let them throw me too far off track!

No comments:

Post a Comment