About Me

My photo
Bossy, Independent, Stressed, Crazy about my husband and family. This blog is about the everyday life of our family of 2.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mature Skin

Today has been a difficult day.  It started out full of promise and joy.  B and I headed to a town larger than ours with cooler stores.  I decided today was the day that I was saying good bye to my old friend Mary Kay and trying a new make up.  One of those cool stores in this larger town sells all kinds of make up and I had B drop me off there and told him I'd text him later, after I had spent a ton on make up.  I entered the store with my one goal in mind and headed to the Bare Essentials section.   Now, keep in mind that every time I've visited this store in the past, it has been mobbed with ladies getting their make up done and I've had to wait to get any help.  Today I was the only one in the makeup section.  A "salesman" approached quickly and asked if I needed any help.  Um, well, I really didn't think I wanted to have a dude help me with my new make up, so I politely told him I was "just looking.".  Ten seconds later, I was approached again by a "salesgirl" who might have been 18, but she was saving me from the sales dude so I quickly took her up on her offer to help me.

Here is where my day started on its down hill path.  She asked me what type of foundation I was looking for, and then proceeded to explain that there were 2 different kinds and that the pressed compact was for mature skin and would I like to try that.

Whoa, wait a minute.  I have mature skin?  When did that happen?  Sure, I consider my hair mature since I have to cover the gray every 6 weeks, but no one had ever mentioned that my skin was old.

I asked if I could try both kinds, the mature skin kind and evidently the younger skin kind.  Well, I have to admit the mature skin with its moisturizer and full coverage looked good.  But, so did the younger, less coverage, no moisturizer kind.  And as my young salesgirl explained, it wasn't like I had anything to cover like breakouts.  Well my mature skin does get a breakout every now and then, and I probably could use all the coverage I can get, but this 49 year old wasn't going to let this young whippersnapper of a salesgirl define her.

So...Guess what I bought?  If you guessed, the non-mature, no moisturizer kind, well you guessed right!   My skin might be mature, but I'm not.... So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment